Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tear that boy ass up!

Behold one of the most disturbing thrift store nightmares I have ever found...

Sometimes I go home feeling quite down about myself. Why is it that I have been cursed with this unique ability to touch something and automatically turn it into a horrible, creepy nightmare such as this? Don't think that I actually go out looking for stuff like this... Because I don't. Oh no... It just happens. This is why I can't sleep at night. This is why I fear having children. This is why the world is just sick. There are people on the loose out there who fucking make things like this book!

Alright, so let's take a look at this thing... Seriously, take a good look. Do you get it at all? This book is obviously religious based. A story plays out in my head where some sort of preacher befriends a boy in an attempt to push him closer to god. During this course of action the preacher harbors feelings towards the young boy, but finds it to be a type of sickness inside him. Instead of revealing his feelings to the boy, he secretly creates a gold statue of him in his free time and gets a little rough with it due to sexual frustration....

I mean, that would make the cover make sense, right? But the book isn't about that? Hmm... Let's try again...

The guy on there just looks evil... Maybe he has some sort of powerful ability to turn little boys into gold with just one touch of his... Okay let's not go there either.

Really, I'm in disbelief over this book cover. I mean, seriously, I'm not lying when I say that this cover art took my husband and I both a whole 24 hours to figure out the actual meaning of. The book is titled "Be Mature", which let me add, doesn't help matters, but after trying hard to figure this out we both came to the conclusion that it is actually an image of the adult man breaking out of his younger boyhood self image... But who the fuck in their right mind would actually look at this and say, "Yeah, this cover art rocks for my very first book! Let's do it!" Something tells me that this writer didn't sell more than one or two copies...

*shudders*

-k8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments subject to moderation. This is explicitly a spam fighting feature.