Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm proud to say that I'm almost fully recovered from the strange disease I caught a week ago from that horrible thrift store. While k8 has recovered fully and quickly, there are still a few bumps in the road ahead for me due to a throat infection complication.

Check out this horrendous eyesore:


Seriously... Does anyone EVER find this crap remotely amusing or clever? This "internet tie" (and I use the term "internet" loosely here) is probably from those early years of the information age when the average person couldn't instantly tell that this tie was complete nonsense. Back then this item would have been considered somewhat cool in that dorky middle-aged guy sort of way, nowadays this thing says "pathetic virgin (and staying that way) loser who shops at thrift stores in a non-ironic way."

Then there's this piece of crap:



I'm sure we've all received a crappy gift from Grandma just like this... and just like this it inevitably ends up on the shelf in a thrift store.

-j-on

EDIT: I still can't get over that tie... How does a long string of zeros represent the internet, or anything, for that matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments subject to moderation. This is explicitly a spam fighting feature.