Saturday, May 23, 2009

Old Lady Junk

This is an entry that has been a long time in the making. I've been pondering for a couple of weeks on exactly how to structure this entry. First, a story.

What exactly is "old lady junk"? Here's the best way I can explain it. Imagine waking up on a Saturday morning and, at a loss of what to do with your day, feel an urge to go "garage sale-ing". You set out with the intent to find unique or useful items but after actually visiting two or three garage sales you're sad, hurt and disappointed that all you could find was crap like this:


This, my readers, is EXACTLY what I mean when I say "old lady junk". Just random, useless bric-a-brac found in abundance in nearly every grandma's house. And believe it or not, there are entire thrift stores that have accumulated nothing but this very same old lady junk.






And last but not least, there's this horrible piece of crap:


This is especially irritating because I think we all know that late middle-aged/old person who finds sayings like this clever or funny.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! I find the same things in my travels...Those strange card shop things that will live on forever and ever...

    ReplyDelete

Comments subject to moderation. This is explicitly a spam fighting feature.